LEED Consulting Services
David Lavender Architect provides consulting sustainable design services based on the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Building Rating System and twenty-five years of experience in the practice of architecture.
David Lavender is a LEED Accredited Professional.
Over and above the environmental moral imperative, building owners who intend to occupy their building after construction have the potential for improved employee productivity, lower energy and maintenance costs, and a favourable public image compared to standard building design and construction.
Using the team approach to design and construction, which is the foundation of the Integrated Design Process (IDP), your organization may also reap the rewards of a reduced construction schedule, and minimized cost over-runs during construction, compared to standard practices.
LEED Educational Services
Learn how to achieve some LEED credits without extra cost; identify the means of offsetting certain expenses with savings in other areas; and spot opportunities for synergies between LEED credits, in your project.
LEED Certification seminars can be custom designed for commercial, institutional, and residential building owners and developers based on the following rating systems:
- New Construction and Major Renovations
- Existing Buildings Operations and Maintenance
- Commercial Interiors
- Building Core and Shell
- Neighbourhood Development
LEED Pre-Design Services
- Orientation presentation for building owners about the relevant rating system for your project.
- Feasibility study of client objectives, LEED credit opportunities, and probable costs.
- RFP selection for the selection of qualified design consultants, energy analysts, commissioning agents and contractors.
- Orientation of the design team regarding the Integrated Design Process (IDP) and LEED building rating system.
LEED Project Services
The following services are recommended to assure that the maximum credits are achieved during the project:
- Coordination of the project registration and document submission to the third party evaluator (United States Green Building Council or Canada Green Building Council) for certification.
- Coordination of Integrated Design Process with design consultants.
- Preparation of a LEED credit schedule of tasks for all credits by related parties.
- Contractor pre-construction orientation regarding the requirements to achieve LEED objectives.
- Monitoring and reporting of LEED objectives and credits to all parties during design and construction.
- Coordination of documentation of LEED credits during the design and construction process.
LEED Post-Occupancy Services
- Preparation of documentation and coordination of media and public relations materials promoting your LEED project achievements.
- Preparation of your project’s LEED Executive Summary or a full LEED Case Study